After a confirmed case of the Corona Virus passing through Chippewa County, and recommendations from the CDC, American Optometric Association, and the American Academy of Ophthalmology, we are closing the office to anything other than emergency patients and pickups ONLY. This is our best effort to uphold the safety and health of our patients, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may pose.
A few reminders:
• For the time being, we ask anyone with eye care or vision related questions that need to be answered to please call us instead of stopping by.
• As of now, patients may keep their routine appointments if they are April 1st or later. Keep in mind this will be re-evaluated April 1 and is only tentative.
• We ask that you make an appointment to pick up glasses/contacts during the hours of 10AM-2PM and that one person may pick up. If you are utilizing curbside pick up, adjustments to glasses will be postponed until we re-open for all eye care.
• We still plan to take care of contact lens follow ups and any pending contact lens prescriptions.
Thank you for you cooperation and understanding during this time! Please call us at 906-635-9600 if there are questions or if you need to be seen on an emergency basis.
Great Lakes Optometry, the premier comprehensive eye care provider in the Eastern Upper Peninsula.
Comprehensive Eye Examinations
We offer comprehensive eye examinations; including but not limited to children’s vision testing, diabetic eye exams, developmental vision exams, and laser vision correction consultations.
Complete Vision Product Line
A full line of eyeglasses, sun, sport, safety eyewear, and contact lenses fitted to your individual needs.
We accept many insurances!
VSP, Eyemed, Spectera, Davis Vision, ADN, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Medicare, Tricare, Veterans Affairs
What To Expect
- Insurance is checked and verified before your exam
- NO air puff!
- We value your time – We’re not perfect but this is a priority for us!
- Advanced testing available (available when indicated) – This helps us to check for eye diseases like glaucoma or macular degeneration and many others.
- You can fill out your paperwork online! Watch for an email after you make an appointment!
- One of the top reasons appointments are missed is because we forget about them among our busy days. We have several ways to remind you of your appointment including: text, email, personal phone call, and automated phone calls.
- You can request an appointment online! Click here to request an appointment.